Thursday, August 18, 2011

Devoted: Mary the Mother of Jesus

"Behold a bondslave of the Lord, may it be done to me according to your word. My soul exalts the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior, for he has regard for the humble state of his bonslave."

What if this was our attitude towards the plan of God? Often times i throw a fit if things dont turn out the way i want them to. When God decides to move me to Tyler, Texas and take me away from all my friends in California. When He decides to take my dear friend Jimmy to be with Him. When He decides that its not yet my time to move off and go to college but that my place is here at home. BUT when these thoughts go through my head, I am reminded of Gods faithfulness and power. God has revealed to me a part of his plan in those times and it causes me to be thankful. I am now blessed with an amazing group of close friends who push me toward truth and who always have my back. I am now blessed with the thought of my dear friend in complete and total joy and satisfaction in the presence of God, worshipping Him face to face, the time he always longed for. I am blessed with another year at home to love on my family and show them how much i care.

This is who we are: bondslaves of the Lord and if we lived our lives reflecting on that, what a difference we would make in this dark world. This humble statement of Mary's reflected the devotion she had to her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. She was devoted, continually pursuing a relationship with Christ. If only that could be said of us. 1 Corinthians 7:34-35 says, "An unmarried woman of virgin is concerned about the Lord's affairs, her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. I am saying this to you, for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way, in undivided devotion to the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8-9 says, "Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord, so whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him." This is what devotion should look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment