Thursday, May 5, 2011

Prayers for the Glory of God

These are prayers found in Scripture and have helped me recognize what I should and shouldn't be praying for. Most of what I've said is from the verses listed but some of it is from different parts of the Bible so don't get confused when you read through these. I hope that these would be as beneficial to you as they were to me! Dig in!

~Matthew 6:5-14: "Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors." Do we really wish that? that God would forgive us as we forgive those who have sinned against us? Do we wish for the same tratment? I know i don't. How often do I ask for forgiveness from God when I have not forgiven the sins my brother has committed against me? This should humble us to repentance. You and me both.

~John 17: Oh Lord, my prayer for us is that you would sanctify us in the Truth, for your Word is Truth. Let us not be of the world but a wittness to thosee who do not know you.

~Romans 15:30-32: Dear Father, rescue me from the enemy's hand and let me fnd peace in You and rest in the comany of fellow believers.

~Ephesians 3:14-21: Oh God, grant me power through the Spirit, also that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith, that we may be rooted and grounded in love,that we may comprehend the "breadth and length and height and depth" of God's love, and that we may be filled with the fullness of God.

~Philippians 1:3-11: Dear Father, I pray that "He who began a good work in me will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus", that our love may abound more and more in knowledge anf discernment, that we may approve what is excellent, that we may be sincere and blameless, and that we may be filled with the Fruit of the Spirit.

~Colossians 1:3-14: Oh Lord, I pray for those new to the faith that they would be strengthened in your word, for the knowledge of God's will, that we may walk in a manner worthy of the You, that we may live a life that pleases you, that we may bear fruit as evidence of our salvation in Christ, that we may increase in the knowledge of God, that we may be strengthened in God's power, and that we would be steadfast, patience and joyful.

~2 Thessalonians 1:11-12: Dear Father, I pray that you would count us worthy of the calling, that we may lives lives that glorify you and you alone, and that we may be glorified through you because of our inheritance through faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment